**Siri AI / Apple Intelligence — Summary of My Findings** I have been investigating why **Siri AI has not become operational on my Mac following the public release of macOS 27 Golden Gate**. I subsequently updated the Mac to **macOS 27.0.1 (26A434)**. My Mac is an **M5 Max MacBook Pro with 128 GB RAM** and ample available disk space. The expected Siri and Apple Intelligence services are running, including `mobileassetd`, `modelcatalogd`, `FeatureAccessAgent`, `Siri AI`, `siriinferenced`, `intelligenceflowd`, `generativeexperiencesd`, and `textunderstandingd`. I have separately checked Apple’s published eligibility and configuration requirements and my Mac meets them. I have also turned Siri off and back on, booted the Mac into Safe Mode, and subsequently restarted normally. None of these actions resolved the problem. ## **Siri itself is enabled** My normal Siri configuration appears to be correct. The system reports: ```text Assistant Enabled = 1 ``` For `en-US`, the high-quality/offline Siri components are installed and on-device search is enabled. The problem therefore does not appear to be simply that ordinary Siri has been disabled. ## **No Apple Intelligence assets are currently downloading** This is one of the clearest findings. `mobileassetd` repeatedly reports approximately **15 GB of previously downloaded assets**, but: ```text previouslyDownloaded assets: 346 (15GB 159MB...) totalDownloaded assets: 0 totalStaged assets: 0 totalPromoted assets: 0 totalInFlight: 0 ``` This state occurs repeatedly in the diagnostic logs. Therefore, although a substantial quantity of Apple assets already exists on the Mac, **there is currently no asset download, staging or promotion operation taking place**. It is not just that **“my Siri download is stuck.”** The system appears to know that AI assets are missing, but it is not currently downloading them. ## **Apple Intelligence assets do not appear to be globally blocked** A particularly significant entry from `modelcatalogd` is: ```text shouldNotServeAppleIntelligenceAssets: false ``` This indicates that `modelcatalogd` is not treating this Mac as a machine on which Apple Intelligence assets should simply not be served. At the same time, `modelcatalogd` reports a number of AI use cases as **NOT ready** because required model assets are missing. These include missing `com.apple.fm.language.instruct_3b...` components used by Text Understanding and other Apple Intelligence functions. I therefore have the following combination: **Apple Intelligence assets are apparently permitted → required AI assets are missing → no assets are currently being downloaded or staged.** ## **Unified Asset Framework / Model Catalog errors are present** The logs also contain errors from Apple’s Unified Asset Framework. For example: ```text No destination for current lock for asset set 'com.apple.modelcatalog' atomic_instance_latest.locker No such file or directory ``` There are similar errors relating to other Unified Asset Framework/model-catalog resources. An earlier error on October 3 is particularly interesting because it explicitly refers to the Siri intelligence engine: ```text Subscriber: 'com.apple.siri.intelligenceengine' Subscription Name: 'language' Error Domain=com.apple.UnifiedAssetFramework Code=5000 "Could not lookup console user" ``` I do not know whether these errors are the cause of the problem. They may be transient or recoverable framework messages. However, the reference to `com.apple.siri.intelligenceengine` makes this particular error relevant to the problem I am investigating. ## **MobileAsset also recorded an entitlement error** The October 4 logs contain: ```text failed entitlement check for: configuration change failed entitlement check for: 37 ``` I am **not assuming that this is the same thing as Apple’s server-side Siri AI authorization or waitlist entitlement**. It may simply refer to a process entitlement within MobileAsset. I include it because it occurred during the period being investigated and may be useful to Apple engineering. ## **What I have not been able to determine** The main unanswered question is whether **Apple’s servers have actually authorized this Mac for the new Siri AI functionality**. I have been trying to distinguish among four possibilities: **A.** My Mac is still waiting for server-side Siri AI authorization/waitlist release. **B.** My Mac has been authorized, but is waiting for the required Siri AI assets. **C.** My Mac has been authorized but there is a problem with asset acquisition, staging, registration or activation. **D.** There is another Siri AI / Apple Intelligence failure. The diagnostic evidence does **not conclusively establish A or rule it out**. I have not found a definitive current Siri-specific server response saying that this Mac has either been released from the waitlist or remains on it. There have been `FeatureAccessAgent` messages involving `canUse:true`, but the ones I have identified were associated with other features. I therefore do not regard them as proof that the enhanced Siri functionality has been authorized. ## **My current assessment** The evidence increasingly points toward either **server-side Siri authorization not yet having occurred**, or **an asset/catalog/subscription problem after authorization**. The latter is particularly interesting because: 1. `modelcatalogd` says `shouldNotServeAppleIntelligenceAssets: false`. 2. Apple Intelligence components report that required model assets are missing. 3. `mobileassetd` has **zero assets downloading, staged, promoted or in flight**. 4. Unified Asset Framework/model-catalog errors are present. 5. At least one of those errors specifically involves the `com.apple.siri.intelligenceengine` language subscription. 6. The normal Siri and Apple Intelligence processes are running. The critical question I would therefore like Apple Support or Engineering to answer is: **Has Apple’s server-side system authorized this Mac/account for the new Siri AI functionality? If it has, why is** **`modelcatalogd`** **reporting required AI assets as missing while** **`mobileassetd`** **has no corresponding downloads, staging or promotion activity?** If the Mac **has not yet been authorized**, that would explain much of what I am seeing. If Apple confirms that the Mac **has been authorized**, then I believe the MobileAsset/Unified Asset Framework/model-catalog state shown in these logs deserves investigation as the likely next area of failure.