RSS for tag

Discuss WWDC20 Session 10652 - Meet the new Photos picker

Posts under wwdc20-10652 tag

1 result found
Sort by:
Post not yet marked as solved
13 Replies
6.8k Views
Hello! I am playing around with the PHPickerViewController and so far I was able to get the selected images by loading them into UIImage instances but I don't know how to get the selected video. Below is the relevant implementation of the method: func picker(_ picker: PHPickerViewController, didFinishPicking results: [PHPickerResult]): let provider = result.itemProvider guard provider.hasItemConformingToTypeIdentifier(AVFileType.mov.rawValue) else { return } 						provider.loadItem(forTypeIdentifier: AVFileType.mov.rawValue, options: nil) { (fileURL, error) in 								if let error = error { 										print(error) 										return 								} 								guard let videoURL = fileURL as? URL else { return } 								DispatchQueue.main.async { 										let fm = FileManager.default 										let destination = fm.temporaryDirectory.appendingPathComponent("video123.mov") 										try! fm.copyItem(at: videoURL, to: destination) 										let playerVC = AVPlayerViewController() 										playerVC.player = AVPlayer(url: destination) 										self.present(playerVC, animated: true, completion: nil) 								} 						} I get crash trying to copy the item. It says the source file does not exists but the path looks real to me. "The file “3C2BCCBC-4474-491B-90C2-93DF848AADF5.mov” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." I tried it without copying first and just passing the URL to AVPlayer but nothing would play. I am testing this on a simulator. Thanks for help!
Posted
by nemecek_f.
Last updated