Forum text editor bug. One of many...

I noticed today that I if I paste a piece of text, the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the message. Just one of many problems with this thing.

If I browse these developer forums I see examples where the fonts changed oddly, or people had trouble pasting example code, so I can't be the only one that has problems with this text editor.

I know that creating an html-based rich text editor is a pain in the a**. Maybe you can make something like stackoverflow where we can write plain markup text.

Replies

If you really want some entertainment, try posting using an iPad. Auto correct and other editing functions are completely FUBAR. Have been for years.

For a company with the resources of Apple, these forums are an embarrassment.

What happens if you tap on the 'Latest reply' link, above? Current Safari broke that for me...

What browser are you using?

Note tho that forums are from JIVE Software and seem more tailored for windows/linux. Apple is just a user here, same as us.

About pasting, I tend to only use 'paste and match style'.

[Trying to stay positive here]

we can write plain markup text.

I’ve made it very clear to the folks who run DevForums that this is a critical feature for any future iterations of the site.

In the meantime, my workaround is to lean on the editor’s HTML mode, using a hotkey to convert Markdown to HTML on the fly. See this post for more details.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"