Is there any way to observe the sync status of an NSPersistentCloudKitContainer?

I believe that right now there's no way to be notified when the sync status of an NSPersistentCloudKitContainer changes. Is my assumption correct?

I'd like to know if there are pending changes to be synced or when the sync starts/ends to be able to reflect it on the UI to inform my users. Any ideas on how (or if it's possible) to achieve what I need?

Thank you!

Accepted Reply

I've seen that the documentation of NSPersistentCloudKitContainer has been updated after the WWDC with two new Type Properties:

Code Block Swift
class let eventChangedNotification: NSNotification.Name

and
Code Block Swift
class let eventNotificationUserInfoKey: String

I think that are related to your question but I haven't tried them. I'm looking for this feature from the last year and I hope that in iOS 14 it will be implemented.

Replies

I've seen that the documentation of NSPersistentCloudKitContainer has been updated after the WWDC with two new Type Properties:

Code Block Swift
class let eventChangedNotification: NSNotification.Name

and
Code Block Swift
class let eventNotificationUserInfoKey: String

I think that are related to your question but I haven't tried them. I'm looking for this feature from the last year and I hope that in iOS 14 it will be implemented.