USDZ thumbnail removed from iMessage in iOS 15

In iOS 14 a thumbnail for a USDZ or Reality file would appear in the native Messages App on the iPhone and iPad, the thumbnail was a preview of what the USDZ contained. In iOS 15 this thumbnail has been replaced with just an image of a white file with the name of the USDZ underneath. 

I send previews of my products to customers through iMessage and it was proving very successful until iOS 15, but now I’m getting lots of reports that they won’t open up the file as it looks like malware.

I’ve attached two images of the your toy drummer (from your quick look gallery) in the Messages app and what it looks like in iOS 14 and iOS 15.  Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Brian35007 Down vote post of Brian35007
1k views

Replies

Hi there! The Messages and AR Quick Look teams are aware of this issue. Unfortunately, there is no workaround (other than not using iOS 15). Even though this is a known issue, would you be able to file this as a bug on Feedback Assistant? If you do, please post the feedback ID here for the record. Apologies for the trouble this is causing you.

Thanks for your response, I filled this as a bug on Feedback Assistant, the feedback ID is FB9858248.

Thank you, I've sent the bug to the messages team. Also, I have learned that this functionality should still be available in Apple Business Chat on iOS 15. That might not be a feasible option for you, but I just wanted to let you know in case it is.