Offer code transition treated as price increases

Something has gone wrong with the way offer codes are treated over the last two weeks.

Whenever I used offer codes to allow customers to have, say, 1 month of free usage of a subscription, it would then automatically continue the subscription on the paid version without any extra user interaction/confirmation being required.

Since two weeks ago, some of my customers have been getting 'agree to price increase' prompt by the app store and on the serverside I'm getting the price_consent_status flag on their subscriptions. This doesn't apply to everyone, just some people.

This is not the behaviour documented by Apple and not what my experience has been for a while. I've checked with a few friends and couple of them have been getting random events like mine.

This has huge implications for the onboarding/payment UX. Is Apple planning a migration and we're part of their A/B test? or is it a bug?

Replies

Hello, can you please raise this via http://feedbackassistant.apple.com and include the customers original_transaction_id, your apps app id (numerical value), and the receipt where you can see these values. If you respond here with the ticket id, one of our engineers will take a look. Thanks

• Hi Anthony. Here you go: FB10007435 (Offer code transitions treated as price increases)

Add a Comment