iOS Mail and AutoDiscover

Per the link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201320#manual the iOS Mail app is supposed to try to discover the mail server settings. I can't find an official Apple document that specifies how this is supposed to work. All the documents I've seen online say to set up the SRV and A record in the DNS zone. I've created all of these and turned on querylog on all my nameservers to see what iOS Mail is querying against the domain. I get no queries. I look at the Apache logs, I see no request for the autoconfig/autodiscover xml file that has all the settings to do this. I do get the spinner and "Looking up account" but no auto config settings.

Anyone know exactly what needs to be done for iOS mail to properly detect the mail server settings using this methond (non-Exchange)?

Replies

Anyone know exactly what needs to be done for iOS mail to properly detect the mail server settings using this methond (non-Exchange)?

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities, run by AppleCare, and specifically the in Business and Education topic areas, where you’re more likely to find folks with this sort of experience.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"