# Using TVML Templates
This sample demonstrates how to use the [TVMLKit](https://developer.apple.com/documentation/tvmlkit) framework to display TVML content in a tvOS application, and provides a catalog of the primary TVML templates. For a complete list of templates and available elements, see the [Apple TV Markup Language Reference](https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/ATV_Template_Guide/).
The project is split into two parts:
## Installation instructions:
To start a local server run the following command in a terminal within the "Server" folder to create a simple webserver.
ruby -run -ehttpd . -p9001
- Open the TVMLCatalog.xcodeproj project in Xcode
- If the client code is hosted on a remote server, or you are running this app on the Apple TV change the following property in AppDelegate.swift:
- Change the [`tvBaseURL`](x-source-tag://tvBaseURL) value to the `URL` hosting the contents of the client directory
- Note that the Info.plist currently disables App Transport Security via NSAllowsArbitraryLoads. This is only to simplify the process of reviewing the sample. Your own apps should rely on properly secured servers that do not require App Transport Security to be disabled.
- Build and run the application
- When running this application on a device you will need to add a signing profile in the projects Build Settings.
Build Requirements: Xcode 9.0, tvOS 11.0 SDK
Runtime Requirements: tvOS 11.0 or later