A Cocoa application using the Speech Synthesis API.
The CocoaSpeechSynthensisExample shows how to use the Speech Synthesis API from within a OS X Cocoa application. Once built, the application provides access to virtually all the features of the Speech Synthesis Framework. The application code provides examples of the following concepts:
- Word highlighting using the word callback.
- Simple mouth animation using the phoneme callback.
- Saving of generated speech audio data to a file.
- Creation of a voice pop-up menu.
- Starting, stopping, pausing and continuing of the speech generation process.