Updates in iOS 9
While publishers can still distribute periodicals on the App Store with auto-renewable subscriptions, the Newsstand app will no longer be pre-installed.
- Individual Newsstand apps will now install directly to the Home screen. If a customer had Newsstand apps installed prior to updating to iOS 9, Newsstand will become a folder titled “Newsstand” and their existing apps will be placed in this folder.
- Apps in the Newsstand category have moved to a new category called Magazines & Newspapers. Your primary category won’t change. If you prefer a different category for your app, you can change categories when you submit a new app version.
- Newsstand app icons will no longer be the cover of the latest issue. You should review and update your App icons.
- You will still be able to update your issue preview screenshots and metadata without submitting a new app version. Learn more about the App Store product page.
- Background downloads will continue and existing subscriptions will be unaffected.