Business Chat Sandbox
Business Chat Sandbox allows businesses and developers to test Business Chat Developer Preview on iOS 11.3. You can send and receive text and photos, and test built-in features, iMessage apps, and payments with Apple Pay. Learn more about the sandbox environment and find out how to test Business Chat.
You’ll need an iOS device running iOS 11.3 to use Business Chat Sandbox.
- Sign in to Business Chat Sandbox with your iCloud account. When you sign in for the first time, a QR code will appear.
- Sign in to iMessage with the same iCloud account on your iOS device running iOS 11.3.
- Scan the QR code using your iOS device. A notification will display on your iOS device to launch a Business Chat conversation with Business Chat Sandbox.
- Note: To initiate a conversation between Business Chat Sandbox and your device, send a message from your device to Business Chat Sandbox.
- Exchange messages and photos, and test built-in features, iMessage apps, and payments.
What to Test
The Business Chat sandbox environment allows you to test the JSON payloads before and after implementation. You can edit the JSON payloads and experiment to observe how user might interact with them. In addition to testing built-in apps for Business Chat, you can also test your own app by sending it to an iOS device via Business Chat Sandbox.
- Messages can only be exchanged if the same account is signed in to Business Chat Sandbox and your device.
- Attachments sent must be less than 5 MB.
- The data transmitted between Business Chat Sandbox and your device is stored in your CloudKit private database for 30 days.
- To reset the account on Business Chat Sandbox and restart the first-run experience, visit the reset page.
- WARNING: This will immediately delete all Business Chat Sandbox data on the server and it cannot be recovered.