How to enable Exposure Notification capability?

For Covid-19 application how can I enable Exposure Notification so that I can run in a device?

Replies

I u!nderstand you cannot if you are not an aurhorized authority…

Source h ttps://www.macrumors.com:

Apple and Google today also shared a list of requirements that all developers of apps that use their Exposure Notifications API must adhere to:

• Apps must be created by or for a government public health authority and they can only be used for COVID-19 response efforts.
  • Apps must require users to consent before the app can use the API.
  • Apps must require users to consent before sharing a positive test result with the public health authority.
  • Apps should only collect the minimum amount of data necessary and can only use that data for COVID-19 response efforts. All other uses of user data, including targeting advertising, is not permitted.
  • Apps are prohibited from seeking permission to access Location Services.
  • Use of the API will be restricted to one app per country to promote high user adoption and avoid fragmentation. If a country has opted for a regional or state approach, Apple and Google are prepared to support those authorities.

And an Apple source:

https://developer.apple.com/contact/request/exposure-notification-entitlement

Request an Exposure Notification Entitlement

This entitlement is limited to government health organizations or developers who have been endorsed and approved by a government health organization. Please make sure to read the Exposure Notification documentation before submitting your information.

See also:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/exposurenotification/building_an_app_to_notify_users_of_covid-19_exposure?language=objc

Thanks.

I understand the authorization is for submitting an app.

But someone could probably develop an app for its personal (no)use, just to explore the API.

But application would be totally useless (may be possible to play and test on 2 iPhones ?).

It's an interesting question whether such an app could get 'approved' on TestFlight - especially if the API (and entitlement) were not yet included in the first TestFlight submission.

And an Enterprise app?

Not even speaking on TestFlight, I think it would be rejected.

And the same for enterprise App.

They want a very strict control, look, only ONE app per country !