How it works
This program is designed for apps that deliver premium subscription video entertainment services. Participating apps are required to integrate with a number of Apple technologies, such as Universal Search, Siri, AirPlay, and single sign-on or zero sign-on, to ensure a seamless experience for customers.
As a result of this integration, these apps are featured on the Apple TV app and throughout tvOS, and their content is discoverable through Universal Search and Siri.
As a program member, you earn 85% of sales from customers who sign up using Apple’s in-app purchase system. You may also allow customers who subscribe using your payment method outside of the app to use that payment method for additional video transactions within the app. You must enable in-app purchase to enjoy these economic benefits.
As of fall 2020, over 130 premium subscription video entertainment providers around the world have signed on to participate in this program, such as Amazon Prime Video, Binge, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), Claro Video, C More, DAZN, Disney+, Globo, HBO Max, Joyn, Molotov, MUBI, myCanal, STARZ, and Viaplay.
Eligibility and requirements
To be eligible for the Apple Video Partner Program:
- The primary function of your app must be to deliver your own subscription service for premium video entertainment content.
- Your app must:
- Be available on both iOS and tvOS.
- Support Live Tune-In for your live content.
- Integrate with Universal Search, Siri, and the Apple TV app in all regions where those features and your service are available.
- Support AirPlay.
- If customers are able to access your app’s content by authenticating with credentials from a pay TV provider, or if a pay TV provider distributes Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD as a set-top box, your app must support single sign-on and zero sign-on, as applicable.
- To participate in the economic benefits, your app must allow users to purchase through Apple’s in-app purchase system.
- You must agree to a separate addendum to the standard Developer Program License Agreement.
The program is currently available to Apple Developer Program members based in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States.