UIPageViewController: handling odd number of pages with spine location set to mid

When I use UIPageViewController with the Spine Location set to Mid and Double Sided and landscape screen orientation, whenever I have an odd number of pages and get to the last page I get the following error:

'The number of view controllers provided (1) doesn't match the number required (2) for the requested transition'

If I have an even number of pages, it works just fine.

How do I handle this error, should I pass an empty page (viewcontroller) when at the end of all pages, and if so, how, or can I handle it in some other more stratightforward way?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of tropic Down vote post of tropic
2.1k views

Replies

Our customers are infrequently experiencing something similar with our app, which also uses the UIPageViewController, when attempting a page turn past the last page:

'NSInvalidArgumentException: The number of view controllers provided (0) doesn't match the number required (1) for the requested transition'

It looks like UIPageViewController sometimes initiates a page transition even though it receives a nil value (no more pages) from the delegate pageViewController:viewControllerAfterViewController: data source message. We haven't been able to reproduce this, and I tried your steps but didn't have any luck. From our Apple crash reports this issue seems to have increased by a factor of 10 for our customers running on iOS 13.3+. Perhaps this is an iOS bug.

we are facing the same issue, and cannot find a solution for a while now. anybody can help?