How to Handle Split Data in `Charts`?

I have a dataset I want to have split between past/historic data and future/predicted data. The values for the predicted data take the last value from pastData and apply a decay function to show how much of something is left.

I have the data split into two arrays (sampleData_History and sampleData_Future); I have also attempted this with the data combined (sampleData) and tried a conditional in the .foregroundStyle property.

Chart {
			ForEach(sampleData_History) { item in
				RuleMark(x: .value("Now", Date.now, unit: .hour)).foregroundStyle(.orange)

LineMark(
					x: .value("time", item.date, unit: .hour),
					y: .value("mg", item.amount)
				)
				.foregroundStyle(Color.blue)
				AreaMark(
				).foregroundStyle(Color.teal.opacity(0.2))
			}
			ForEach(sampleData_Future) { item in
				LineMark(
				)
				.foregroundStyle(Color.red)
				AreaMark(
				).foregroundStyle(Color.red.opacity(0.2))
			}
		}

The above code yields the screenshot below. In the ideal case, I'd like to have everything AFTER the RuleMark line be a different color. Am I missing something? Where might I look to figure this out?

EDIT: I have also tried separating them into series to no avail

• You can try to serve all the data as one array, but add the data element to the field "come true": Bool and depending on this field specify the color of the graph.

Add a Comment

Replies

Poster Edit: The items to the right (red scribble) are listed in the sampleData_Future array.

You can try to serve all the data as one array, but add the data element to the field "come true": Bool and depending on this field specify the color of the graph

@zt01zg Were you able to figure out the solution of your question ? I am also caught into similar situation where I need to have the AreaMark with two different color to represent the past and future date along the x-axis. But haven't been able to the find solution yet.

@zt01zg Were you able to figure out the solution of your question ? I am also caught into similar situation where I need to have the AreaMark with two different color to represent the past and future date along the x-axis. But haven't been able to the find solution yet.