Custom keyboard while using external keyboard for iPad

Hi! I'm developing a custom keyboard and my user reported that they can't switch to my keyboard while using external original iPad keyboard.

Unfortunately, I can't test it on a real device and I can't find a way to test it using a simulator.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to simulate this case on a simulator?
  2. Is it possible to temporarily show a custom keyboard while using an external keyboard on iPad? I saw in the photos that this keyboard has a globe button, but my user told me that nothing happens when they hold or press hit.
Answered by maxik in 809839022

I figured it out:

1. You can connect any Bluetooth keyboard to an iPhone, it should behave the same way as on iPad.
  2. Hitting the globe button once should show a list of keyboards, if I select my custom keyboard it appears automatically on the screen even if the hardware keyboard is connected. Then I can quickly switch between two most recent keyboards by hitting Globe button again.
Accepted Answer

I figured it out:

1. You can connect any Bluetooth keyboard to an iPhone, it should behave the same way as on iPad.
  2. Hitting the globe button once should show a list of keyboards, if I select my custom keyboard it appears automatically on the screen even if the hardware keyboard is connected. Then I can quickly switch between two most recent keyboards by hitting Globe button again.
Custom keyboard while using external keyboard for iPad

Q