How can I set per-window titles in the Window menu for an iPad app running on Apple silicon Mac?

I’m developing a SwiftUI iPad app that runs on an Apple silicon Mac as an iPad app—not as a Mac Catalyst app. The app supports multiple windows, with each Live Screen window associated with a different virtual machine.

In the macOS Window menu, all child windows appear as “VirtualProg” rather than showing their content or VM name. The Live Screen window is created from a data-driven  WindowGroup , roughly like this:

WindowGroup(id: "vm-screen", for: String.self) { $vmName in VMScreenWindow(vmName: vmName) .navigationTitle(vmName.map { "Live ($0)" } ?? "Live Screen") }

I’ve tried setting the title with  .navigationTitle  both on the  WindowGroup  content and inside the window’s  NavigationStack . I also tried setting  windowScene.title  on the specific scene obtained from  view.window?.windowScene  after the view controller appeared. Neither changed the Window-menu entries.

Is there a supported way to set a per-window title for the macOS Window menu when running an iPad app on Mac? Does  UIScene.title  affect that menu, or only the window title bar and app switcher? Is this a limitation of the iPad-app-on-Mac runtime, or is there a recommended SwiftUI/UIKit lifecycle hook for this?

I’m looking for a public API solution rather than private AppKit/window introspection.

How can I set per-window titles in the Window menu for an iPad app running on Apple silicon Mac?
 
 
Q