MapKit pricing and requests limit

Hello, I was looking for some information about the pricing and requests limit in MapKit, but I couldn't find anything in the documentation. Are there any limitations like in google maps?

Accepted Reply

If you are using MapKit for native app development, there is no cost beyond your Apple Developer Program membership. There are rate limits per device for some of the APIs, such as geocoding, but you'll only encounter them if you're sending off requests at more than the speed a normal user could reasonably use your app.

If you are doing web app development with MapKit JS, you get a daily limit of 250,000 map views and 25,000 service calls per Apple Developer Program membership. This is documented at the bottom of this page, as part of the MapKit JS Dashboard section.

Replies

If you are using MapKit for native app development, there is no cost beyond your Apple Developer Program membership. There are rate limits per device for some of the APIs, such as geocoding, but you'll only encounter them if you're sending off requests at more than the speed a normal user could reasonably use your app.

If you are doing web app development with MapKit JS, you get a daily limit of 250,000 map views and 25,000 service calls per Apple Developer Program membership. This is documented at the bottom of this page, as part of the MapKit JS Dashboard section.

The information you are looking for is in the Apple Developer License Agreement located here: https://developer.apple.com/terms/. See Attachment 6.

While there are no specified limits per se, there are a number of "catch all" clauses that give Apple absolute discretion in all cases. If you feel you need to ask about limits, that might be a Red Flag.

Thank you very much for this explanation.

Best regards

Kacper

Interesing. What happens if the service calls are exceeded. Will the service simply block the call or will my apple membership account get billed?

The expectation is that you will contact Apple and negotiate something before then.