AppleGlot for Mac OS X 10.11

Hi,

After upgrading to OS X 10.11, I cannot use AppleGlot software for localization anymore. If I try to download and install again, the installer shows it is not compatible with this OS.

How can I use AppleGlot in OS X 10.11? Or is there any alternative software for localization?

Thanks.

Accepted Reply

After upgrading to OS X 10.11, I cannot use AppleGlot software for localization anymore. If I try to download and install again, the installer shows it is not compatible with this OS.

Indeed. This is a known issue (r. 22163211) with the current AppleGlot (version 4.0, build 159.1). In short, it’s not compatible with the system integrity protection (SIP) feature we added in OS X 10.11. Alas, right now I have nothing to share as to when this will get fixed.

Note To learn more about SIP, see:

How can I use AppleGlot in OS X 10.11?

One option would be:

1. disable SIP

2. install the current AppleGlot

3. re-enable SIP

I’m reticent to suggest this because it’s not a very good option in the long term. However, it might be sufficient to get you up and running right now.

WARNING Don’t skip step 3. SIP exists for a reason and I recommend that you keep it enabled unless you have very specific reasons not to.

Or is there any alternative software for localization?

Probably, but I’m not an expert on this so I can’t offer you any recommendations.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

Indeed. This is a known issue (r. 22163211) with the current AppleGlot (version 4.0, build 159.1). In short, it’s not compatible with the system integrity protection (SIP) feature we added in OS X 10.11. Alas, right now I have nothing to share as to when this will get fixed.

Note To learn more about SIP, see:

How can I use AppleGlot in OS X 10.11?

One option would be:

1. disable SIP

2. install the current AppleGlot

3. re-enable SIP

I’m reticent to suggest this because it’s not a very good option in the long term. However, it might be sufficient to get you up and running right now.

WARNING Don’t skip step 3. SIP exists for a reason and I recommend that you keep it enabled unless you have very specific reasons not to.

Or is there any alternative software for localization?

Probably, but I’m not an expert on this so I can’t offer you any recommendations.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn "The Eskimo!"

Thanks eskimo.

I can use AppleGlot now by temporarily disabling SIP before installing it. Thank you.

Hello to all,

I would like to send a message directly, without using ios because my programme uses the request case sensitive.

I would also like how do I read a received message via SMS in my application

I uses windev mobile 20 for programming my application

I don't using function SMSRunApp() because i do not want the customers see to request to send connected device

Tanks for help me

Please start a new thread for this question. You can start a new thread by:

1. navigating to the topic area that’s most relevant

2. clicking Start a discussion, which you’ll find in the right column near the top

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”