is it possible to get detail of last dialed call? I want the call duration of last dialed number programmatically in iOS App.

I want fetch last call history, that would be call duration, call start, end time and person name.

Replies

No. That would be a massive privacy violation. Apple doesn't do that.

It would be the same massive privacy violation as access to contacts or photos ... but therefore Apple ask the customer if she/he wants to share those data and provides a way to change her/his answer.

So I hoped CallKit would offer such a mechanism as well for calllist - to be honest, contacts give me more names and telephone numbers as the call history, because I mainly just call only the same contacts, but store more contacts because I might use them someday.

Hopfully Apple will bring an access to call history in the same way as to contacts with the next iteration of CallKit in iOS11 :-)

True enough. Feel free to file a feature request describing your use case via the Report Bugs link found at the bottom of the forum page.

but if i can initiate a call from my own app using telprompt:// i can start a timer when call.hasConnected and stop it at call.hasEnded right? I tried this but i am getting code in call.hasConnected called before call gets ended. thereby overwriting values in starttime property.

I am trying something similar: I would like to record duration and/or timestamps of calls and emails initiated from my app. The private data is already available in my app, so requesting this piece of nformation shouldn't be a violation of privacy in any way. I am aware that Apple is restrictive regarding automated access to the call log db. I thought maybe this was updated in the mean time?

The idea is basically that i have a list of customers in my app, with their mobile number and email address saved within my app. I can initiate a call from within the app, launch the phones native phone app and after completing the call, go back nto my app, with the information of the duration. Even if this isn't fetched directly from the db, is there a way to have the duration recorded by other means (and still get approval for the App Store)?

Thanks for any advice.

Julian_Ireland

How could you initiate a call from within the app ? From a custom UI and make a call by

tel://

?

Can I get a call duration time of the last incoming or outgoing call?