Thread 1: signal SIGTERM error

Hello!

I am using macOS Catalina, Xcode 11. I just started working on app development and this is my first project. Every time i try to simulate the code the program crashes and it gives me thread 1 signal SIGTERM error. My code is very simple, I don't think i have an error there. I am really stuck, I tried to run different projects but it doesn’t work on any of them. Please, can someone help me fix this error?

Thanks in advance!
  • I have faced same kind of error so kindly if you have any solution then tell me ?

Add a Comment

Replies

I have the same error, you have the solution? Thank you
I have a similar problem ... create a game for iOS; build and run it; click the Red window close button and the app crashes with a SIGTERM error in class AppDelegate: UIResponder, UIApplicationDelegate.

I have added no code.

Same thing happens for a Single View App.

Xcode 11.5 on Catalina 10.15.5
Hi!

I think I found what the issue was. So I read carefully the error message, and in my case it gave me 3 following errors: SKView warning logs, Metal API was enabled, and Metal GPU Frame Capture was enabled. As I found SKView error is SpriteKit's mistake that should disappear in new versions of XCode. The rest two errors I just disabled them in the Xcode Scheme:
" Product>Scheme>Edit Scheme>Options> Metal API Validation/ Metal GPU Frame Capture > disable ". Now I have only SKView error message hope it will be gone when I install XCode 12.

I hope it was helpful!

Hi, i know its a bit late but for people, who are getting the same Error. You are closing the simulator wrong, u have to use cmd and q. hope that solved your Problem :)

• ^Thanks! Just in time for me lol

• It wasn't too late for me! Just spent a week or two trying to figure out what was wrong with my project! I can stop banging my head against the wall now and move on. Thank you!

• Thank you, worked!

Use the stop the running scheme or application button, rather than quitting the simulator this does not seem to cause the error

• Thanks for the solution.It worked in my project as well.

Add a Comment