USDZ FILE FORMAT

Hello! I am currently developing a new app and I have some doubts about USDZ file format. I am working on archicad and I export collada (.dae) file.
Once I do that I go to blender and import the collada and everything is good, the problem starts when I convert to GLTF or USDZ, the details seem to be lost and my materials do not show the nice textures I came up with inside the blender.

I want to have lightweight detailed and very realistic 3D visualization for VR on the phone

Replies

hello, for the AR export from archicad, I use two methods:
  • for gltf, I export from archicad in .obj, then by blender 2.91 which exports directly in .gltf.

• for usdz, I export from archicad in .obj, (not having a recent mac) I use this method (nicolasbachur.com/appmobiles/usdz). Only I can't find a clear method to see my usdz on iphone or ipad in order to test it (live without uploading it to a site).

I think I missed something that must be simple. If you have any information, I am interested.

Excuse me for my English, I am French.

cordially

the easiest way I've found to test a usdz file is by sending it to myself in an iMessage from my Mac. just attach it in messages and you can interact with it fully in an AR environment on your devices.