xcrun: error: invalid active developer path

I have this problem: xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

"make all" terminated with exit code 1. Build might be incomplete.
Could someone help me?
Two days ago I installed the last software update to MacOS: 12.2.1 but I haven't installed the command line for Xcode cause I'm not using Xcode for programming.
Could this be the problem?
Thanks for the support.
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of DavS Down vote post of DavS
27k views

Replies

I do believe the problem is exactly that. I got the same error, and ran

$ xcode-select --install

Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was that.
  • It also worked for me! After using the above command. :)

• agreee

• Worked well for me, thanks! :)

Add a Comment
I think so too but once the latest version 11.2.1 is installed it tells me that I have no other updates to do.
I installed the latest command line directly from the available packages and everything seems to work fine.
You too?

Still happening with Ventura 13.0.1 Run % xcode-select --install and that was it.

By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

Still happening with Ventura 13.1 Run

xcode-select --install 

Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was it.

By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

• This was also my case and worked

Add a Comment

Still happening with Monterey xcode-select --install Agreed to the terms and services, dowloaded, installed, and that was it. By the way, in my case I was trying to run git

I have done xcode-select --install even after same issue and I cant run git

If you don't feel like downloading 15GB of stuff, this has fixed the issue for me:

sudo xcode-select --reset

As found here on StackExchange: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/432149/what-is-xcrun-and-why-would-updating-to-macos-mojave-cause-it-to-go-missing/432153

I have been updating to Sonoma (14.0) and I found the same error. I just execute the xcode installation and use some cli tools that previously failed.

xcode-select --install

hey there!, i try to run the make file and i am getting the below error. I have updated my device(Air M2) to sonoma recently. Someone please help me out.

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

• Run the command below in the terminal xcode-select --install

Add a Comment

I have updated my device(Air M2) to sonoma recently.

Have you re-installed your command-line tools since then? If not, you should do so.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

So, I've got the same problem, but when I put xcode-select --install into Terminal... it tells me "xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools" but nothing else happens. Totally passive aggressive, like sending a job to the printer and it says Ok, Printing and nothing comes out. I also tried putting in sudo xcode-select --reset first, but still nothing. I don't have Xcode installed, I'm not a developer right now on this machine, but trying to install some compilers for RStudio to install some dev versions of R packages. Running Sonoma 14.2.1 on M1 MBA 16GB

• bitfool here again. I'm just going to install Xcode and hopefully be done with it.

Add a Comment