Can we use the SwiftUI for every IOS app version?

Hi every one, if you build a mobile project with SwiftUI, is it possible to use the app for sub version of IOS like iPhone 6s devices ?

Accepted Reply

SwiftUI is available on any version of iOS starting with iOS 13.0. iPhone 6s supports iOS 14, and it was announced at WWDC21 that iPhone 6s will run the upcoming iOS 15 release.

Certain versions of iOS may include SwiftUI features that aren't available in older releases of iOS, in which case you could set your app's deployment target to a newer version of iOS, or utilize different SwiftUI views for different versions where necessary.

• Tnx so much for this cool information 😃 it mean it will support in iphone6s, right?

• iOS 13 is available on iPhone 6s or later (including iPhone SE). Here's the full list of confirmed devices that can run iOS 13: iPod touch (7th gen) iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus iPhone SE & iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus iPhone X iPhone XR & iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Add a Comment

Replies

is it possible to use the app for sub version of IOS like iPhone 6s devices ?

I may be mistaking what you mean by sub version of IOS, but you should better check the documentations of SwiftUI components. For example, View -- a very basic component in SwiftUI -- has an Availability notation as iOS 13.0+.

Generally, SwiftUI was introduced in iOS 13 and SwiftUI apps run only on devices with iOS 13 or later. If the app may be using some feature available only in later iOS, it will run on devices with such iOS versions.

• Tnx so much for this explanation, why swiftUI only support it, in future is it possible to support sub ios 13 version? If I use with in UIKit project it will still not support?

• OOPer last months I was broke ur hearth I guess in some question, I hope you will accept my apologies, cos I respect you alots

• in future is it possible to support sub ios 13 version?

It is very unlikely to happen. The runtime needed to run features marked as Available: iOS 13.0+ are provided as part of the IOS 13.0 (or later) installed in each user's device. Whether you use UIKit together or not, SwiftUI apps would not run on previous iOS than 13.0.

SwiftUI is available on any version of iOS starting with iOS 13.0. iPhone 6s supports iOS 14, and it was announced at WWDC21 that iPhone 6s will run the upcoming iOS 15 release.

Certain versions of iOS may include SwiftUI features that aren't available in older releases of iOS, in which case you could set your app's deployment target to a newer version of iOS, or utilize different SwiftUI views for different versions where necessary.

• Tnx so much for this cool information 😃 it mean it will support in iphone6s, right?

• iOS 13 is available on iPhone 6s or later (including iPhone SE). Here's the full list of confirmed devices that can run iOS 13: iPod touch (7th gen) iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus iPhone SE & iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus iPhone X iPhone XR & iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max iPhone 11 & iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Add a Comment