ASAuthorizationController's biometric sign in modal's message missing Relying Party name

Hi,

I've been recently testing the new WebAuthn support in ASAuthorizationController.

I've noticed a small UI inconvenience in my app. The biometric modal displayed on assert request shows:

Do you want to sign to "" as "marcin"?

or

Choose an account to sign in to "".

when having more than one key enrolled.

Looks like the relyingPartyIdentifier is not used. Is there any other property I should set to ensure the message contains the right service identifier?

Many thanks!

Accepted Reply

This sheet is meant to display your app name in that string, not the relyingPartyIdentifier. Please make sure you have CFBundleDisplayName or CFBundleName set correctly.

Replies

This sheet is meant to display your app name in that string, not the relyingPartyIdentifier. Please make sure you have CFBundleDisplayName or CFBundleName set correctly.

I had CFBundleName set to $(PRODUCT_NAME), but no CFBundleDisplayName as the name inferred by Xcode from the bundle identifier seemed to be enough.

I explicitelly set CFBundleDisplayName and now the messaging includes the display name, no more "". Thank you very much!