Profile doesn't support Network Extensions for Mac app

XCode says that the Network Extensions capability is not available for Developer ID provisioning profiles even though I have enabled the necessary entitlements using Xcode’s Signing & Capabilities editor and the developer web site.

Ex: Enabled Packet Tunnel under Network Extensions

Replies

Network Extensions capability is not available for Developer ID

For a Developer ID Packet Tunnel you may need to change the entitlement to add the -systemextension suffix at the end. See the Network Extension Entitlement page here and cross reference what your profile entitlements contain.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

Even though I have added -systemextension at the end as a suffix, I am still seeing the issue, i am unable to run the proj from the xcode IDE.

XCode showing Error Provisioning profile "Mac Team Provisioning Profile: com.ciphercloud.macapp.CipherCloud" doesn't match the entitlements file's value for the com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension entitlement.

This is the entitlement file shows under proj com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension packet-tunnel-provider-systemextension com.apple.security.application-groups $(DEVELOPMENT_TEAM).group.$(APP_ID_MACOS)

XCode showing Error Provisioning profile "Mac Team Provisioning Profile: com.ciphercloud.macapp.CipherCloud" doesn't match the entitlements file's value for the com.apple.developer.networking.networkextension entitlement.

To sort this out, try and take a look at what entitlements are contained in your provisioning profile for your Container app and your Network System Extension:

$ security cms -D -i yourProfile.provisionprofile

Then cross reference these entitlements from your profile against the entitlements declared in your entitlements file for both your Container app and your Network System Extension. Make sure that the group of entitlements that are declared in your entitlements file for each of your Xcode targets are at least contained in each of your provisioning profiles.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com