"App" is damaged and cannot be opened

Hello,

My mac application update is in the development stage. For testing, I code signed my application using "Apple Development". But, the team is unable to launch the application. We get the error: "App" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "App" and download it again from the AppStore. I am archiving the application using XCode 13(13A233) in MacOS Monterey 12.0.1

This is a new found issue after updating to Monterey as I have been able to test my app in Big Sur and below macOS versions.

The certificate is valid till Dec 17th. Since I am using Push Notification service, Provisioning Profile including this certificate is being used and the team's systems have also been added.

Any assistance on rectifying this issue will be very helpful and appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

As long as the Team Members are added to the Provisioning Profile and have their latest updated certificates downloaded and installed on their systems then this should still work in theory. Are the other Team Members able to download and checkout the project, build and run it locally in Xcode? If they are not able to do that from Xcode then I would suspect that there is an Provisioning Profile or Signing Identity issue here.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
Add a Comment

I have the same problem. When finally read about the Provisioning Profile, It ran fine for a couple of days.

However I was having a problem (reported here https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/107593) and decided to add a Sandbox security entitlement to the entitlements file.

I guess it was the one that allows for client network access. And since then I receive the same message after login: "App" is damaged and cannot be opened.

I waited a few days and left the entitlements file as it was originally (when working). But I keep getting the same message.

I guess the app was blacklisted or similar. If so, how long does it last?

Thank you Andres

I guess the app was blacklisted or similar.

No, that’s not what’s going on in your case. I’ll respond over on that other thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"