How to disable disconnect option for App Proxy VPN

AppProxy VPN can be disconnected by using "Disconnect" option in Network settings.

How can I disable the 'Disconnect' button for the VPN in network settings? Current this can be disabled even without opening the lock (bottom).

Or Can we somehow disable the effect of the disconnect action, ie user cannot stop VPN from this place?

Replies

How can I disable the 'Disconnect' button for the VPN in network settings? Current this can be disabled even without opening the lock (bottom). Or Can we somehow disable the effect of the disconnect action, ie user cannot stop VPN from this place?

The user should be able to stop or disable the Network System Extension. As far as I am aware, there is not way to disable the Network System Extension. This would be an Enhancement Request.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

This is serious security concern as a user can disable Proxy client by using this option thus exposing mac machines and company resources to malicious access in internet. I will raise the feedback/enhancement request for the same but will request to take it on priority.

I will raise the feedback/enhancement request

Please respond back with the Feedback ID.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com

Feedback generated for this request: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/9779236

Thank you for opening an Enhancement Request. I see it internally and have copied myself on it for more information.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com