Swipe gestures not working on iOS simulator 13.2

I recently upgraded my hardware to 2020 Mac Mini M1 and ported my iOS application to work with XCode 13.2 and iOS 15.x.

When I try to test the app on iOS simulator (iPad Air 4th Gen, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhon 12 simulators), the swipe gestures are not working. Nothing happens when I try to simulate the swipe using my mouse (I hold the mouse left button, move the mouse and then release the mouse button).

Here are the simulator versions:

Version 13.2 (972.2) SimulatorKit 613.1 CoreSimulator 783.5

Is this a known issue? Or am I missing something?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of patait Down vote post of patait
5.8k views

Replies

I am experiencing the same... exact same simulator version. Have you created a ticket yet?

• Having the same issues, not always registering on components that they are being dragged/swiped away.

With simulator touches visible via 'defaults write com.apple.iphonesimulator ShowSingleTouches 1'

We can see the touch and swipe registering, but not actioning as a swipe. once the 'finger' is lifted it's registering as a tap.

mac mini m1, Version 13.2 (972.2) SimulatorKit 613.1 CoreSimulator 783.5

Add a Comment

Having the same issues, not always registering on components that they are being dragged/swiped away. 

With simulator touches visible via 'defaults write com.apple.iphonesimulator ShowSingleTouches 1' 

We can see the touch and swipe registering, but not actioning as a swipe. once the 'finger' is lifted it's registering as a tap. 

Mac mini m1, Version 13.2 (972.2) SimulatorKit 613.1 CoreSimulator 783.5

Big Sur 11.6.3

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of dftm Down vote reply of dftm

I confirm the same issue with a similar configuration than DFTM, except I use a MacBook Pro M1 Max on macOS Monterey 12.2.1, same simulator versions (Version 13.2 (972.2) SimulatorKit 613.1 CoreSimulator 783.5). I created ticket FB9936868 using Feedback Assistant to report this issue.

• I recently changed to a MacBook Pro M1 running Monterey 12.2.1 and Xcode 13.3.1. I'm experiencing the same swipe issues in the simulator where the swipe to delete is not registering. Swipe to delete functions as expected when building to a live device, but the simulator is not registering the swipe gestures.

Add a Comment

I have the same problem, does anyone know how to fix it? xcode 13.4 simulate 15.5

I can also reproduce this issue, but only when using Xcode under Rosetta. In this case, building and running an iOS app from Xcode builds an Intel (x86) binary of the app and runs it using Rosetta on the simulator. You can verify this in the “Activity Monitor” app, which will show "Intel" in the "Kind" column for the simulated iOS app process. With this configuration, swipe gestures are not working in my app running on the Simulator.

When disabling Rosetta for Xcode using the Finder’s info window, restarting Xcode, and building and running the iOS app again, "Activity Monitor" will show "Apple" (i.e. arm64 architecture) for the simulated iOS app process, and swipe gestures work as expected.

(Note that swipe gestures also work fine in the "Messages" app on the simulator, where you can swipe left on a conversation for revealing the mute and delete swipe actions.)

Mac mini M1 2020, macOS 12.4 (21F79), Xcode 13.4.1 (13F100), Simulator 13.4.1 (977.2), SimulatorKit 618, CoreSimulator 802.6.1

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of styv Down vote reply of styv
  • Thank you so much for making the Rosetta link. This issue was seriously frustrating me, and unchecking the Rosetta box sorted it.

Add a Comment