userDidTakeScreenshotNotification not working on macOS

Currently testing our app's viability for running on native Apple Silicon and we're noticing that UIApplication.userDidTakeScreenshotNotification is not being invoked when taking a screenshot.

NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(self, selector: #selector(screenshotTaken), name: UIApplication.userDidTakeScreenshotNotification, object: nil)

Is there another API I should be using, or is this feature just not possible running on a mac?

• Any News on this ? will this be fixed on apple silicon ?

Add a Comment

Replies

Currently testing our app's viability for running on native Apple Silicon

Via iOS Apps on Mac? Or Mac Catalyst?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Via iOS Apps on Mac, haven't tried Catalyst as we don't currently have x86 architectures supported for some of our dependencies.

Add a Comment

Via iOS Apps on Mac

OK. iOS Apps on Mac acts as a compatibility layer, meaning that:

• Stuff should Just Work™.

• If it doesn’t, you don’t have a lot of options because you have to stick to that compatibility layer.

Now, I haven’t investigated this specific in detail — if you’d like one of my colleagues to do that, please open DTS tech support incident — but I suspect that this feature is simply missing from the compatibility layer and your only real path forward is to file a bug about that.

Plase post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• That's what I was hoping for - just a thing that hasn't made it into the compatibility layer.

Went ahead and opened a TSI - I'll circle back and file a bug if that's what the team reports.

Thanks Eskimo!

Add a Comment