Use Cryptotokenkit for mail deciphering

Hello,

I recently implemented the Cryptotokenkit for IOS in order to sign mails (via Apple Mail app). This part went relatively smooth.

I found in the Mail settings the parameter under S/MIME that enable Signing mails.

Now that this step is complete I also wanted to implement mail deciphering. I tried to run some tests but I met the following message when opening encrypted mail:

This message is encrypted. Install a profile containing your encryption identity to decrypt this message

I'm sure I've encrypted the mail for me. and I'm also sure the identity is saved and usable inside the Cryptotokenkit I implemented.

My questions are:

• is it possible to use the Cryptotokenkit for mail deciphering? (I assume that since I can sign mail via Cryptotokenkit I can also do mail deciphering, right ?).

• If the first question's answer is yes. then how do you enable the Cryptotokenkit to do mail deciphering? (I thought the option was close to the one for enabling signing mails but I only found mail encryption)

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of leocity Down vote post of leocity
  • I'm also experiencing the same issue. Using Apple iOS Mail and receive the encrypted mail message but unable to decrypt the message unless I install the profile. If I install the profile (via .p12 that includes the public and private) then the email message can be decrypted just fine. However, the issue is that I don't want and cannot put the .12 (or the private key) on the device. I'm also using cryptotokenkit and can sign with the private key that exists on my YubiKey.

Add a Comment