Resetting mac location permission

I have given location permission for the app i'm developing. Now i need to reset location permission and want to see the permission pop-up.

I have tried tccutil reset and /var/db/locationd/clients.plist is not accessible. Both are failing even with sudo.

Please suggest any methods.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of hurdygurdyman Down vote post of hurdygurdyman
2.8k views

Replies

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Location Services

Allow the apps and services below to determine your location.

Choose the app, and untick it's permission.

• These steps only disables permission. But i need to reset permission to default. It should ask for allowing location permission popup on opening app after resetting.

• Have you tried deleting the app, then re-installing it?

Add a Comment

I have the same issue. I tried to delete /var/db/locationd/clients.plist and /private/var/db/locationd/clients.plist after booting into single user mode and the clients.plist reappears as it was before. As suggested above, I also deleted all copies of my app without success. The specific problem I have is that "System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Location Services" does not show my app but the clients.plist still contains two entries and seems to be somehow corrupted. So I am in eager need to delete or modify the plist. Any solution on this? Running macOS 12.4

Did you ever find a solution?

My solution was found on superuser.com questions/526183

since apple does allow me to post the entire url.

you basically make a copy of clients.plist, convert it to xml, edit to remove the app you do not like, convert it to binary, restart killall locationd

• Doesn't work for me.

When I try to copy or modify that file I just get flooded with 'Operation not permitted', even as the root user.

File in question has the following permissions: -rw-r--r-- 1 _locationd _locationd 15927 Jan 9 13:37 clients.plist

Add a Comment

since apple does allow me to post the entire url.

DevForums does let you post arbitrary URLs, you just have to do it in the ‘clear’. Like so:

https://superuser.com/questions/526183/remove-applications-from-location-services-in-security-privacy-on-mac-os-x-10

See tip 14 in (the increasingly inaccurately named) Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Change the bundleID temporarily (repeatedly if needed) and it should treat the app as a new entry and pop up the message. Once you get the behavior you want, set the bundleID back to the original one.