When networkextension is installed, the tethering breaks.

When network extension is installed, the tethering breaks. So our customers faced a very big problem. Give me some feedback. The test steps are as follows.

1.Test Info.

hardware : only MacBookPro18, 1~3

and, only Tethering(IPv6).

It does not happen in IPv4.

It works normally in a different environment.

2.Test Step

1)We always allowed Ne's authority request in the same way.

2)After NE is installed, press Allow network filtering.

3)Our NE calls the API below(in main method)

[NEFilterPacketProvider startSystemExtensionMode];

4)However, the following error message occurs.

error	16:10:37.791557+0900	com. ahnlab. TobeyNE	[self.extensionContext conformsToProtocol:auxHostProtocol.protocol] - /AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/66382bca-8bca-11ec-aade-6613bcf0e2ee/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/ExtensionFoundation/ExtensionFoundation/Source/NSExtension/NSExtensionSupport/EXExtensionContext.m:332: Class NEFilterPacketExtensionProviderContext does not conform to aux host protocol: <private>

5)and, the tethering breaks.

Also, it works normally unless it is MacBookPro18, 1. There is this issue only in MacBookPro18, 1.

Tell me the solution.

Accepted Reply

I would open a bug report here with a sysdiagnose as a first step. Please post the Feedback ID here once you have it opened.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • I reported FB9990027. Is there any way to take action now? I wonder if the macos problem is right or my fault.

• Thank you! I see you bug report internally. The only action you need to take now is to follow up with your bug report on any new information that you come across.

Add a Comment

Replies

I would open a bug report here with a sysdiagnose as a first step. Please post the Feedback ID here once you have it opened.

Matt Eaton
DTS Engineering, CoreOS
meaton3@apple.com
  • I reported FB9990027. Is there any way to take action now? I wonder if the macos problem is right or my fault.

• Thank you! I see you bug report internally. The only action you need to take now is to follow up with your bug report on any new information that you come across.

Add a Comment

I reported FB9990027. Is there any way to take action now? I wonder if the macos problem is right or my fault.

For those reading along at home, Matt will be helping HoTaekJang in a different context.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

It was resolved in macOS 12.4. thanks.

• Yay!

• That is great news, thanks for following up on this! If you have not done so already, please add this information to your bug report.

Add a Comment