Asset do not exist on iPadOS 13 et 14

In my project, I have some images that contains different formats for iPhone and iPad (screenshot example).

When trying to access those images with UIImage(named: "image_name") it always return nil on iPadOS 13 and iPadOS14, while working fine on iOS, and iPadOS15.

It is also working fine for other images

Is it a known issue with Xcode ? This bug seems to have started triggering recently has the images have been working fine until the last 2 months.

I'm using Xcode 13.3

Replies

What is the file format ? png ?

Does it work if you declare as Universal ?

• Yes it works fine when declaring the assets as universal The files are in png format

Add a Comment

We are also experiencing the same critical issue on our projects with an apparently random panel of iPads on various versions of iPad OS 13 and 14!

UIImage(named: "***") returns nil on those devices for assets with idioms iPhone and iPad while assets set as universal work properly. No such issue with other major versions of iPad OS (such as 12 and 15), nor on iPhones.

Observed at least with XCode 13.2 and 13.3. The issue first appeared on 2022, March 7.

I think I have the issue on iPadOS 16 on some random iPad devices. My asset is configured in idiom Universal and iPad. Do you need to only set the asset as Universal to make it work ?