Codesign fails when started from SSH, succeed in Mac Desktop

Hi,

I'm using fastlane to build/sign my project and it works perfectly when I ran it in my Mac.

I'm trying to setup some Jenkins CI/CD server in AWS EC2, and I started to have a problem with code sign.

I realized that it's not something related to AWS, because if I ssh to my own Mac using "ssh localhost" it's possible to simulate the problem.

To isolate the problem, I'm using this very simple project with fastlane:  https://github.com/rlechetaudemy/helloios

This issue is also not related with match, because if you setup fastlane with manual signing, it returns the same error.

I also tried to use the 'setup_ci' action before build/sign but without success. setup_ci( force: true )

These are the logs:

[13:11:36]: ▸ Copying GoogleService-Info.plist [13:11:37]: ▸ Processing Info.plist [13:11:38]: ▸ ** ARCHIVE FAILED ** [13:11:38]: ▸ The following build commands failed: [13:11:38]: ▸ CodeSign /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloIOS-eibmqfokwytdeddxnnluvsuzbtlp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/HelloIOS\ (iOS)/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/HelloIOS.app (in target 'HelloIOS (iOS)' from project 'HelloIOS') [13:11:38]: ▸ (1 failure) ▸ Processing Pods-HelloIOS (iOS)-Info.plist
▸ Processing Info.plist ** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed: CodeSign /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloIOS-eibmqfokwytdeddxnnluvsuzbtlp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/HelloIOS\ (iOS)/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/HelloIOS.app (in target 'HelloIOS (iOS)' from project 'HelloIOS') (1 failure) [13:11:38]: Exit status: 65
+---------------+-------------------------+ |      Build environment      | +---------------+-------------------------+ | xcode_path  | /Applications/Xcode.app | | gym_version | 2.205.2        | | export_method | ad-hoc         | | sdk     | iPhoneOS15.2.sdk    | +---------------+-------------------------+
[13:11:38]: ▸             (ef0fada7-88c4-413f-a9e5-7d875f07e324) [13:11:38]: ▸   [13:11:38]: ▸  /usr/bin/codesign --force --sign CB4DB01189506EF6F172982414A36378AE18F48F --entitlements /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloIOS-eibmqfokwytdeddxnnluvsuzbtlp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/HelloIOS\ (iOS)/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/HelloIOS.build/AdHoc-iphoneos/HelloIOS\ (iOS).build/HelloIOS.app.xcent --generate-entitlement-der /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloIOS-eibmqfokwytdeddxnnluvsuzbtlp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/HelloIOS\ (iOS)/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/HelloIOS.app [13:11:38]: ▸ /Users/user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/HelloIOS-eibmqfokwytdeddxnnluvsuzbtlp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/HelloIOS (iOS)/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/HelloIOS.app: errSecInternalComponent [13:11:38]: ▸ Command CodeSign failed with a nonzero exit code [13:11:38]: [13:11:38]: ⬆️ Check out the few lines of raw xcodebuild output above for potential hints on how to solve this error [13:11:38]: 📋 For the complete and more detailed error log, check the full log at: [13:11:38]: 📋 /Users/user/Library/Logs/gym/HelloIOS-HelloIOS (iOS).log [13:11:38]: [13:11:38]: Looks like fastlane ran into a build/archive error with your project [13:11:38]: It's hard to tell what's causing the error, so we wrote some guides on how [13:11:38]: to troubleshoot build and signing issues: https://docs.fastlane.tools/codesigning/getting-started/ [13:11:38]: Before submitting an issue on GitHub, please follow the guide above and make [13:11:38]: sure your project is set up correctly. [13:11:38]: fastlane uses xcodebuild commands to generate your binary, you can see the [13:11:38]: the full commands printed out in yellow in the above log. [13:11:38]: Make sure to inspect the output above, as usually you'll find more error information there [13:11:38]: +---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+ |                  Lane Context                  | +---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+ | DEFAULT_PLATFORM     | ios                           | | PLATFORM_NAME      | ios                           | | LANE_NAME        | ios firebase                      | | KEYCHAIN_PATH      | ~/Library/Keychains/fastlane_tmp_keychain        | | ORIGINAL_DEFAULT_KEYCHAIN | "/Users/user/Library/Keychains/fastlane_tmp_keychain-db" | +---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+ [13:11:38]: Error building the application - see the log above
+------+-------------------------------+-------------+ |         fastlane summary         | +------+-------------------------------+-------------+ | Step | Action            | Time (in s) | +------+-------------------------------+-------------+ | 1  | Verifying fastlane version  | 0     | | 2  | default_platform       | 0     | | 3  | Switch to ios buildAdHoc lane | 0     | | 4  | setup_ci           | 0     | | 5  | cocoapods          | 4     | | 💥 | build_app          | 36     | +------+-------------------------------+-------------+

code-block

Is anything related with this issue?  https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/69464

We need a better solution or recomendation from Apple, since it looks this problem happens with more people also.