scntool Command Line Tool Issue (iOS 16 Xcode 14)

I am attempting to build an AR app using Storyboard and SceneKit. When I went to run an existing app I have already used it runs but nothing would happen. I thought this behavior was odd so I decided to start from scratch on a new project. I started with the default AR project for Storyboard and SceneKit and upon run it immediately fails with an unwrapping nil error on the scene. This scene file is obviously there. I am also given four build time warnings:

Could not find bundle inside /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
failed to convert file with failure reason: *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
Conversion failed, will simply copy input to output.
Copy failed file:///Users/kruegerwilliams/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ARtest-bjuwvdjoflchdaagofedfxpravsc/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/ARtest.app/art.scnassets/ship.scn -> file:///Users/kruegerwilliams/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ARtest-bjuwvdjoflchdaagofedfxpravsc/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/ARtest.app/art.scnassets/ship.scn error:Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=516 "“ship.scn” couldn’t be copied to “art.scnassets” because an item with the same name already exists." UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Users/kruegerwilliams/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ARtest-bjuwvdjoflchdaagofedfxpravsc/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/ARtest.app/art.scnassets/ship.scn, NSUserStringVariant=(

I currently am unsure how to fix these errors? It appears as if they must be in the command line tools because after moving the device support files back to a stable version of Xcode the same issue is present. Is anyone else having these issues?

Replies

Hi, running into this with xcode 14.1 when using an scn file that was converted (by xcode) from a usdz file. Have you found a solution to this?

I had the same, very frustrating, issue: This fixed it for me:

sudo xcode-select --reset

(Found at: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71061912/m1-pro-build-ios-app-runtime-error-collada-files-are-not-supported-on-this-plat )