Notarization error : Error -18000: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException

Hi, We are getting notarization error. We are experiencing it today July 8, 2022. it happened from couple of our build machines.

[19:12:05.717998][ERROR] Error -18000: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to contentdelivery01.itunes.apple.com:443 [contentdelivery01.itunes.apple.com/17.56.10.18] failed: Operation timed out [19:12:05.729056][ERROR] Error -18000: An exception has occurred: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to contentdelivery01.itunes.apple.com:443 [contentdelivery01.itunes.apple.com/17.56.10.18] failed: Operation timed out [19:12:05.729466][ERROR] Error -18000: Could not start delivery: all transports failed diagnostics

we are using Xcode 12.3 and macOS 11.

regards Prema kumar

Replies

Hi, Any insight? This is happening in some builds.

regards

Prema Kumar

We are getting notarization error.

Are you notarising using altool? Or notarytool? I suspect it’s the former. If so, be aware altool is deprecated for the purposes of notarisation and will stop working in Fall 2023. If you’re currently notarising with altool, switch to notarytool now. For more information about notarytool, watch WWDC 2021 Session 10261 Faster and simpler notarization for Mac apps.

Let us know if you see this problem with notarytool.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi Quinn,

Thank you for the reply.

The current production systems are using altool, We are in the process of migration to notarytool. I need to make this (altool) working as our product releases are on hold.

regards Prema Kumar

I just ran a notarisation request with altool and it’s working for me. Are you seeing this error consistently? Or intermittently?

Share and Enjoy

Hi Quinn,

Yes 95% of time it is failing. Attached is the error we see when we do a trace root from office network.

regards

Prema Kumar

Attached is the error we see when we do a [traceroute] from office network.

Hmmm, that doesn’t look good. The connection isn’t making it on the Apple network (17.x.x.x). That’s not something I can help you with. If you want someone from Apple to look into this, you should file a bug about it. If you do that, please post your bug number, just for the record.

You might also want to escalate this with your ISP.

Honestly though, I think that switching to notarytool is likely to be your quickest path forward here.

Share and Enjoy

Hi Quinn,

it was a firewall issue in our side. Network team was getting the following error.

Connection terminated before detection: Insufficient data passed.To learn more see sk113479.

Regards

Prema Kumar

Hi,

Just to clarify, altool command was looking for some new ports to be opened. That was the reason of the failure. Not sure something has changed from Apple side.

regards

Prema Kumar

• Thanks for the update.

Add a Comment