Exiting "kiosk" mode on Ventura Beta mouse controls don't work.

We are a CEF based application, we utilize "Kiosk" mode by using the API enterFullScreenMode withoptions to enter kiosk mode. On Ventura beta release, when we exit this mode using [self.mContentView exitFullScreenModeWithOptions:[NSDictionary dictionary]]; None of the mouse controls work, we don't get hover states and clicking on buttons do not work.

Replies

On Ventura beta release, when we exit this mode … None of the mouse controls work

I recommend that you file a bug a bug about this. Make sure to include a sysdiagnose log taken shortly after you reproduce the problem. And if you can attach a tiny test project that replicates the issue, that’d be grand.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Here is the ticket link https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/11311440 It was submitted by a co-worker.

• Thanks for filing FB11311440.

Add a Comment

We too have encountered something similar on Ventura Beta 11 and Xcode 14.1 Beta 3, but which works perfectly on older macOS versions.

In our case, we are setting an NSWindow's contentView to a NSHostingView to host a SwiftUI view.

Full-screen kiosk mode is successfully invoked via enterFullScreenMode(...), but when later calling exitFullScreenMode(...) we found this did not work.

With some debugging, it appears that contentView becomes nil after full-screen kiosk mode is invoked.

I've worked around this by storing the contentView in a temp var before invoking kiosk mode, then later checking if contentView is nil - and if so set contentView = temp var - before calling exitFullScreenMode.

• I am having the same issue with one of our macOS apps on the AppStore, which also works perfectly on older macOS versions. This bug breaks its compatibility with macOS Ventura (13.3 currently) and users are not happy… Using Xcode 14.3 does not solve the issue. Obviously a bug in macOS Ventura that should have been fixed a while ago before the first Ventura release...

Add a Comment