autocomplete with WebAuthn in custom element

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a passkey login form based on an input element with autocomplete=webauthn.

My form works fine inside an classic html page but the conditional UI is not triggered when the same input field is wrapped in a custom element.

Is it a known issue on Safari 16.1?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Adrien_ Down vote post of Adrien_
1.4k views

Replies

There's nothing special with passkey UI and custom elements. It's hard to say what might be happening here without more information. If you file this through Feedback Assistant with an example of the issue, we'd be happy to take a look!

Besides filing the feedback, can you try in Safari Technology Preview 153? There are improvements to autocomplete in that release that might be helpful here.

• Many thanks for the prompt reply! I'm going to try with the preview 153. If the problem persist, I will create a gist to be more specific on this.

• Did try with preview 153 and the problem persists. Here is a gist to illustrate the issue: https://gist.github.com/apinet/9bde393af5fbeebf74df43e4b878528f

In the first input field, the conditional ui is triggered but not for the second one hosted in a custom element... Maybe I missing something :/

Add a Comment

Any update on this issue ?