Controller not working in macOS 13.0

Hello,

After upgrading to macOS 13.0, the OS no longer responds to input from my DualSense controller. It used to work just fine before the upgrade. The controller does get detected by the OS and can be seen as connected in the controller settings pane. Clicking on the Identify button in the Game controllers settings pane does make the controller to vibrate. But it seems the OS either is not receiving input from the controller, or is not responding to them. Can you please confirm if this is a bug ? Is there anything I can do to get the controller working again ?

Thank you so much

• Hi hamza0867. Which game or games are no longer recognizing your controller input? Which macOS version previously worked? Do you have a feedback report ID?

• Hi,

It worked on macOS 12.6. In this version pressing the home button used to open a folder called Games if I'm not mistaken. Now it does nothing. I was also using the controller to play games on Nvidia GeForce Now. But it doesn't even get detected by the games now. What is a feedback report ID ?

• Hi. It used to work perfectly in macOS 12.6. For example pressing the PS button previously used to open a Games folder, now it does nothing. I was also using the controller to play games on Nvidia GeForce now, now the controller doesn't even get detected by the application. What is a feedback report ID ?

Accepted Reply

Well, after updating the firmware of my controller and shutting down the mac and turning it on again ( NOT restarting it ) it worked. Thank you for the quick replies.

• Glad to hear the issue is resolved for you hamza0867. Would you happen to know which firmware version your DualSense was previously running?

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi, it used to work just fine on macOS 12.6. For example pressing the PS button used to open a Games folder, now it does nothing. I was also using the controller to play game on the Nvidia GeForce Now platform, now the controller doesn't even get detected. I don't believe I have a feedback report ID, how do I get one ?

• You can submit feedback using the Feedback Assistant app on your Mac (search for "Feedback Assistant" in Spotlight). Select Game Controller Framework as the feedback area. Before submitting the feedback, please perform one final check that the controller won't launch the Games folder or play games in GeForce Now. Then leave the controller connected while you launch Feedback Assistant and submit the feedback report. Thanks!

Add a Comment

Hi, I did test it again and still does not work. Here is the Feedback report ID: FB11745290. I did some testing with https://gamepad-tester.com/ and the input from controller does get detected on chrome, firefox and brave browser but NOT on Safari.

Hi, I did some more testing. I tried to use the controller with the RPCS3 emulator and it works fine. But when I tried to play Asphalt 9 that I downloaded from the app store, the controller does get recognized as connected and I can see the controller settings in the game, but when I try to use the controller to play the game nothing happens. The input gets ignored or something

Well, after updating the firmware of my controller and shutting down the mac and turning it on again ( NOT restarting it ) it worked. Thank you for the quick replies.

• Glad to hear the issue is resolved for you hamza0867. Would you happen to know which firmware version your DualSense was previously running?

Add a Comment