Unable to play Youtube videos and Netflix on the specific apps.

This issue comes up on both apps any the same time and doesn’t go away until I restart the iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 16.1.1. (AVF:11839;CM:12913;) appears on the Netflix app and YouTube says to try again. thid should be an issue with iOS 16.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Rajindu94 Down vote post of Rajindu94
9.8k views
  • The same problem, IPhone 14 pro, Netflix, YouTube and even FaceTime don’t show video. IOS 16.1.1

Add a Comment

Replies

Same thing for me. After updating my iPad 9 to iPadOS 16, Youtube and Netflix have sometimes connection issues, nothing helps, only restarting device. Apps are up to date.

I have same issue. About 3 weeks ago, the video didnt work only netflix and youtube app. I shut down my phone. Unfortunately, it wasnt perfect solution. I also did reset all settings. It seemed to have solved problem completely, but I get same issue now. I want to know which thing occurs this problem, with apps or IOS? No matter what it is, it needs to be updated.

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

Same here, using the iPhone 14 Pro with IOS 16.1.1. YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime aren’t working after the newest update…

Same. It’s iOS. I’m not able to load Netflix, AppleTV, or YouTube.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Moqi Down vote reply of Moqi

The same problem, IPhone 14 pro, Netflix, YouTube and even FaceTime don’t show video. IOS 16.1.1

This issue is brought up in many places, including those 3rd party app's supports. I even hear someone saying it's been like so since iOS 16.1.0.

Is there a way to contribute to debugging, or do we supposed to just wait for 3rd party app devs to talk with Apple?

Same issue for me on iphone 13 pro max running 16.1.1. 16.1.2 is out now so ill try that.

Has anyone done a complete reset of their device to see if it clears it?

• I’m do full reset and don’t help.

Add a Comment

I did. Although completely reset my iPhone XR and updated to 16.1.2, the issue is still not solved… Is there anyone solved this problem??

Same issue we have a lot of customers complaining about this issue in our TV Fairplay streaming app on 16.1 and 16.1.1.

For most of them a reboot is ok. For some the problem remains after rebooting their device.

CoreMediaErrorDomain: -12913

I don't know if it's related but since iOS 16 we have also problem with HDMI casting on TV with Fairplay streaming content...

Same issue here since 16.1.2.

it happens 3-4 times per day. when it happens, all stream apps fail, so it must iOS bug.

restart or reinstall app only keep device well for a few hours.

Same here. It appeared about several days ago, which confused me a lot, at first I even thought that may device would need some reparations. PLEASE fix it!

I think that a corporation as large and as profitable as Apple is that this issue could easily be resolved by now. Unless this is once again, as they’ve done in the past, a tactic to force the masses to upgrade to a newer phone. This isssue has been known since iOS 16 was first released!!!!

The problem seems to have occurred in 2017. https://www.beckyhansmeyer.com/2017/08/30/too-many-avplayers/