Use iPhone as an authentication device on Chrome

At my company, we already support passkey functionality for our users; however, there is a specific scenario that is particularly helpful/impactful for our enterprise users the ability to log in on a Windows laptop (in Chrome/Edge) using the phone as a key.

When Android phones are "registered" to log in – the browser remembers them, and next time a user can pick a previously registered phone – super convenient!

Unfortunately, the same doesn't work with iPhones. They work fine through QR codes, but Chrome on laptops doesn't remember iPhones, so a user has to go through a QR code each time - hard to sell this option to users from a usability perspective.

Is Apple planning to support the same "remember me" option between Chrome on Windows and iPhone?

I want to emphasize that in a business environment, users often control their phones but not laptops, i.e... Windows laptop with iPhone is a very typical use-case. We have many enterprise customers whose IT doesn't enable Windows Hello on laptops, so the ability to authenticate in our product by using a phone as a permanent authenticator (vs. creating a local key on a laptop) is critical.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Dmitry-TPM Down vote post of Dmitry-TPM

Replies

We don't normally talk about future plans, but please file this as a feature request through Feedback Assistant :)