[client] No error handler for XPC error: Connection invalid

Hello everyone, With the MacOS update to Venture 13.2, I get the following error message when closing a MacOS app in xCode: [client] No error handler for XPC error: Connection invalid Today I set up a brand new MacOS system which has nothing more installed as except for MacOS Venture 13.2 and xCode 14.2 (14C18). The error already occurs when I start an app that only contains template code. I also started the app without xCode and then closed it through the menu. Then I do not receive an error message. With the Ventura version 13.1 on an AirBook with M1, the problem did not exist. On my Intel iMac, the error causes the iMac to no longer start normally. Thank you very much for your support.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of k.kirchhoff Down vote post of k.kirchhoff
4.9k views

Replies

The error already occurs when I start an app that only contains template code.

So, lemme see if I understand this properly:

1. You create a new project from the Xcode macOS > App template.

2. You run that.

3. You quit it using File > Quit.

4. You see this log message.

Is that correct?

If so, that’s definitely log noise. See On Log Noise for my advice on that front.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• The description of how the message can be reproduced is correct. But: Once the error message was displayed and I restart my IMac, the IMac freezes! However, only on the Intel system. On my AirBook with M2 chip, I don't have the start problem.

So I'm assuming it's not just noise.

But thanks anyway for your reaction and answer to my question.

I have already opened a support ticket, maybe I can get some help there.

Add a Comment

I'm getting the same message when I quit my App during a debug session. That started occurring after some macOS/Xcode update.

This message isn't associated with any issue and I confirm that it is posted even when quitting a bare-bones template Mac app.

I've seen this in my application as well - According to Activity monitor the XPC service in question is most likely the "Open and Save Panel service".

Thanks for the comment about Log Noise. I recently was able to identify a dangling menu item action in Main after an update that let me see the action instead of naming it "private". This is the only error message I have been able to use after years of coding. Otherwise I test, ignore and wait for somebody to clean it up. Keep up the good work. Thanks for giving it a name.