source=Unnotarized Developer ID when making pkg file for Electron app

Hi,

I created an app in Electron and I'm using electron forge to make the app and pkg file. Each time I make the project the .app and .pkg files are created with no errors. When I run the "spctl -a -vvv -t install" command on the .app file, it says that the app is accepted. However, when I run the command on the .pkg file it says that it is rejected with "source=Unnotarized Developer ID" and the "origin=Develop ID Installer: " is the valid certificate that I created. Is someone able to help me troubleshoot this issue?

Replies

I generally recommend that you not use spctl to check whether your product will pass Gatekeeper. Rather, use the process described in Testing a Notarised Product. If that reveals a problem, post back here with the details and we can take a look.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Thanks. I figured out the solution to the issue. For anyone who may come across this and is using Electron Forge to make your app and pkg files, you might have to manually notarize the pkg file after signing the app. For some reason the pkg file was not notarized as part of the build process. The issue was fixed after running the following commands:

xcrun notarytool submit [file name].pkg --keychain-profile "[profile]" --wait

and then:

xcrun stapler staple [file name].pkg

Add a Comment