visionOS and SceneKIt

Accepted Reply

The SceneKit framework will be available on visionOS, for rendering 3D content in a 2D view (as on iOS and other platforms). RealityKit, and SwiftUI's Model3D, are available for incorporating 3D content as part of a spatial experience.

• Can RealityKit have several SceneKit scenes to render the scenes (2d view) in a spatial space?

Add a Comment

Replies

The fact that Apple announced Unity support for VisionOS tells me they have neglected SceneKit. From what I saw, Unity will handle physics and other things within RealityKit. I wish we got confirmation directly from Apple or from the dev team about SceneKit and SpriteKit. I have a project that has these two frameworks and now I’m looking at using Unity. That’s a headache to switch game engines and not something I want to do. Somebody from Apple needs to respond to the future of these frameworks.

The SceneKit framework will be available on visionOS, for rendering 3D content in a 2D view (as on iOS and other platforms). RealityKit, and SwiftUI's Model3D, are available for incorporating 3D content as part of a spatial experience.

• Can RealityKit have several SceneKit scenes to render the scenes (2d view) in a spatial space?

Add a Comment

Thank you! : - )