RealityConverter lacking permissions to access image files

Hi,

I have this pesky issue where whenever I open an fbx or usdc file in Reality Converter it fails to load the image texture due to lack of permissions. I then have to click on each individual one to open a file dialog and manually open it. This gets boring very quickly.

I have granted full disk access to Reality Converter in my Privacy & Security Preferences but this made no difference.

Does anyone know how to get around this issue?

Replies

I'm not much help, but I've just run into a similar problem. I tried importing a folder of .OBJs into Reality Converter, and it converted about a third of them before giving me Conversion Failed errors on the rest of the files. "Reality Converter does not have permission to write to a file or directory." Doesn't make much sense to me..

• Same behavior here

Add a Comment

I got the same thing.

I solved it by clicking on the open button which gives you a file picker, and then click on the open button in the file picker again. Do it for every error.

• Yes that's what I've been doing:

_ I then have to click on each individual one to open a file dialog and manually open it. This gets boring very quickly._

But as you can see in my screen shot I have quite a few of those.

Add a Comment

For anyone that runs into this, you can click Open on the first error, then hold shift and select all the image files in your texture directory and click Open again instead of doing them one by one.