When is full hand tracking available on Vision Pro?

I’m still a little unsure about the various spaces and capabilities. I’d like to make full use of hand tracking, joints and all. In the mode with passthrough and a single application present (not a shared space), is that available? (I am pretty sure that the answer is “yes,” but I’d like to confirm.) What is this mode called in the system? Mixed full-space?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 759832022

Hello,

If your app enters an ImmersiveSpace (with any ImmersionStyle), ARKit can deliver hand tracking data to your app (with user permission).

In the mode with passthrough and a single application present (not a shared space), is that available?

Yes, your description aligns with an ImmersiveSpace whose current ImmersionStyle is the MixedImmersionStyle. However, the current ImmersionStyle is not actually relevant here, as long as it's in an ImmersiveSpace (with any style: full, mixed, or progressive), ARKit can deliver data to your app.

When your app has an ImmersiveSpace open (and is therefore not in the Shared Space), ARKit can deliver data to your app.

When your app does not have an ImmersiveSpace open (and is therefore in the Shared Space), ARKit cannot deliver data to your app.

Accepted Answer

Hello,

If your app enters an ImmersiveSpace (with any ImmersionStyle), ARKit can deliver hand tracking data to your app (with user permission).

In the mode with passthrough and a single application present (not a shared space), is that available?

Yes, your description aligns with an ImmersiveSpace whose current ImmersionStyle is the MixedImmersionStyle. However, the current ImmersionStyle is not actually relevant here, as long as it's in an ImmersiveSpace (with any style: full, mixed, or progressive), ARKit can deliver data to your app.

When your app has an ImmersiveSpace open (and is therefore not in the Shared Space), ARKit can deliver data to your app.

When your app does not have an ImmersiveSpace open (and is therefore in the Shared Space), ARKit cannot deliver data to your app.

When is full hand tracking available on Vision Pro?

Q