WatchOS 10 cycling speed sensor data issue

I have just updated my Apple Watch S7 to WatchOS 10 beta, and I am enjoying the new cycling features that allows me to read cadence/ power/ speed directly on iPhone.

The bug is, even though the watch is paired with speed sensor, and allows me set up wheel size, but when cycling, apple watch is actually not using the real-time data from my sensor but GPS data. When cycling in tunnel and underground space, there is no speed data.

Could any one explain to me how I show set up my watch? or, this is a bug that need to be fixed? Thx!

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of jayhuang2786 Down vote post of jayhuang2786
1.7k views

Replies

I am using wahoo speed sensor.

I am having the exact same issue. I have just purchased cheap Magene cadence/speed sensors from Aliexpress and had my first two rides this morning and I can confirm that while the cadence sensor works as expected, data from the speed sensor does not appear in Health app and I believe that during the workout the speed that was showing up was indeed from the GPS (I had a typical delay in speed decreasing over long period of time after quickly stopping on red lights).

I will try to swap these sensors next time I am going for a ride to make sure the sensor is working correctly, but it looks like watchOS 10 bug.

EDIT: I have submitted a feedback with ID FB13046304

same exact issue with Garmin Speed sensor 2, i really can't find any workaround

same with my Garmin speed sensor and watch OS 10. Only in indoor cycle training, the speed comes from the sensor an goes to the health app, but with wrong speed values (10x faster). In early betas of watch OS 10 it works correct, in outdoor and indoor cycle trainings ....I will try the lastest beta in the next days....

• Watch OS 10.1 beta 3

same problem. indoor training write data to health app, but speed values are wrong … ten times higher!

Add a Comment