App Notarization 'In Progress' for... ever.

I am trying to notarise a .dmg of my desktop application, but the process seems to just hang on 'In Progress'. It's not actually hanging, as I accumulate extra '.', but clearly it isn't working.

This exact same codebase notarised fine recently. The only change has been a downgrade in OS from Monterey to Big Sur. I appreciate this is unusual, but I am required to support my client, who is running a 2013 MacBook Pro with Big Sur.

I appreciate that some of these tools are newer than Big Sur, but surely it should work?

Accepted Reply

Did this ever complete?

For… well… reasons, some notarisation requests can take an unexpected long amount of time to complete (hours, instead of minutes)-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• @eskimo I just woke my mac back up, and it did! I guess this is resolved!

btw, you are great eskimo <3 I maintain a cross-platform C99 engine, and I prefer my interactions with Apple to be copying a few files and running a terminal command... I've been wrangling with codesigning and notarisation a LOT and your posts were my sole source of solutions! I don't envy your role here, but I sure as hell appreciate your efforts :D

Add a Comment

Replies

Did this ever complete?

For… well… reasons, some notarisation requests can take an unexpected long amount of time to complete (hours, instead of minutes)-:

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• @eskimo I just woke my mac back up, and it did! I guess this is resolved!

btw, you are great eskimo <3 I maintain a cross-platform C99 engine, and I prefer my interactions with Apple to be copying a few files and running a terminal command... I've been wrangling with codesigning and notarisation a LOT and your posts were my sole source of solutions! I don't envy your role here, but I sure as hell appreciate your efforts :D

Add a Comment