git branch cmd launching less editor

I'm just beginning to learn SwiftUI & using Git - From cli - when I invoke the git branch cmd it launches the less editor, rather than displaying results on the cmd line. How do I change the Git config to fix this? Thanks, jake

Answered by WeagleWeagle in 769345022

To change the behavior of the git branch command so that it displays results on the command line rather than launching a text editor like less, you can configure the pager.branch setting in your Git configuration. You can do this by running the following command:

git config --global pager.branch false

This command sets the pager.branch configuration option to false, which means that Git will not use a pager (like less) for commands like git branch, and the output will be displayed directly on the command line.

After running this command, when you invoke git branch, it should display the branch list directly in your terminal without launching a text editor.

Accepted Answer

To change the behavior of the git branch command so that it displays results on the command line rather than launching a text editor like less, you can configure the pager.branch setting in your Git configuration. You can do this by running the following command:

git config --global pager.branch false

This command sets the pager.branch configuration option to false, which means that Git will not use a pager (like less) for commands like git branch, and the output will be displayed directly on the command line.

After running this command, when you invoke git branch, it should display the branch list directly in your terminal without launching a text editor.

git branch cmd launching less editor

Q